Saturday, January 23, 2010

ENTERING THE CLOUD OF BLOGOSPHERE

This blog is a self-test.


I, a blog-skeptical person, will try to enter the world of blogosphere, which so far has been nothing but a dark cloud for me – its inside fully unknown.


I am Johanna Fritz, 22, studying to become a journalist at the Technical University of Dortmund, Germany.


In my program we are dealing pretty much with New Media. In the 21st century, a time when information about anything is accessible for everyone on the World Wide Web, the profession of a journalist might seem to become unnecessary.


I on the contrary, think that this flood of information makes the journalist’s work more necessary than ever before. It’s getting harder and harder to distinguish between reliable information and nonsense. That is why people need professionals who try to be as objective as possible selecting the world’s events of the day, researching and compiling them.


Are bloggers a threat to journalists? Do the two of them compete with one another? How reliable is the information blogs give us? How transparent are they? Can bloggers be professional? And what does the new generation of journalist think about blogging?


May I be the only “blogo-skeptic”??


These are questions I will try to answer in this experimental blog.

Let’s see if entering blogosphere will change my view…


Johanna Fritz


P.S: You’re all invited to comment my posts!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna!

    Quoting you:
    "Are bloggers a threat to journalists? Do the two of them compete with one another? How reliable is the information blogs give us? How transparent are they? Can bloggers be professional? And what does the new generation of journalist think about blogging?"

    These are very interesting and controvercial questions. For me, a person from American Studies Department filtering information through the theoretical lenses of the Cultural Studies, it will be extremely interesting to read your blog-posts touching upon these difficult topics. I am very curious about what the young generation of the German journalists think of blogging. Looking forward to reading new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quoting you:
    "This blog is a self-test."
    What an awesome hook for the first blog-post! I like your style of writing. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Johanna,
    I really like that you are being honest about your opinion of blogs. Therefore the name of your blog fits perfectly! I also like your idea of comparing blogosphere with mainstream journalism. I think blogging is a new development we all have to take a look at. Especially us, the "old-school" journalists :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Johanna , You are definitely not the only one who is a "blg-skeptic". i mean these days nearly evryone is allowed to write anything. Are there any real limits at all? Especially if you`re a journalist you need to know which sources are reliable and which not!
    But I suppose this situation will improve the next years, as there are already so many professional journalists sitting behind the PC and writing a blog , this trend is increasing. So don`t worry too much maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Johanna,

    I really like your style of writing and your blog. I totally agree that blogging is a new experience and I can tell you so far...I was a blog-sceptical person, too; but right now I am more and more interested in blogs. There are so many interesting news - I did not expect that. I like the way people comment opinions - the only thing is - where do they all take the time to spend hours for hours responding to all these posts?

    So, go on and have fun blogging the bloggers!!!!!!
    Katrin alias tokaface

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!
    Our blogging project will soon be over. I'm in suspense to get to know wheter your opinion about blogs changed or not! Mine did not fundamentally but my opinion is another thing ;)
    So what do you say? Attending your last entry...
    Best
    Jana alias malifree

    ReplyDelete